We ask that all group members adopt an open-minded attitude. Whether it be from difficult weather, strenuous activities or just interacting with a new group of people, our trips will contain various challenges. We ask that you try to see these challenges as opportunities to learn, grow, and reinforce a positive group dynamic.
Outdoor settings present some inherent dangers which may result in accidents. We expect our participants to:
- Be serious about safety and follow all safety rules
- Take responsibility to avoid or minimize risks
- Recognize that your individual decisions have an impact on the group as a whole
Alcohol & Drug Use
- Alcohol & consciousness-altering drugs are strictly prohibited
- We request that people refrain from using tobacco in any form for the length of the trip
We ask that, even if you’re coming on the trip with some friends or a significant other, you contribute to a community environment where we encourage people to build friendships.
We ask that you refrain from using cell phones and other technology when on trips. We’ll typically have one person bring a camera for pictures which will be shared with the whole group.
- Food and transportation are provided by Venture Outdoor Leadership.
- Equipment is included in the cost of the trip (except hiking boots/shoes and meals while on the road).
- Participants are responsible for all equipment that is issued to them and will be charged for lost or damaged equipment.